Smartphones are slated as one of the most wanted gifts this year. If you are one of the few great gift givers about to give a loved one a new cell phone, you should consider a few things as side gifts. These items donâ€™t come on a hefty cell phone contract, but are essential to the phone experience. Those accessories you may want to consider are:
1. Car chargers. Keeping a cell phone charged no matter where you are is essential to enjoying it. Car chargers keep phones charged during long trips, between work and home, and in emergency situations. A few considerations do come with car chargers. The first is that if you already own a car charger, it just might work for that new cell phone. The second consideration is to shop around for car chargers. Sure, the store you are purchasing the new cell phone maybe great to just add on a charger, but unless the store is offering some sort of discount, it is often cheaper other places.
2. Extra batteries. If you happen to be buying a cell phone that has a swappable battery, it may be a great idea to purchase an extra battery. An extra battery is beneficial for those heavy phone users who do a ton of travel. Nothing sucks worse than using a cell phone for entertainment on a long plane ride, only to have the battery die half way to your destination. A spare battery, or two, can go a long way to keeping folks entertained.
3. Insurance plans. Those who are giving a cell phone to someone who is hard on electronics just might have a grand benefit to an insurance plan. Yeah, this accessory is not cool and fun, but it comes in handy when the heavy user breaks their new cell phone the very first day they have it. This may not be an accessory for everyone, but if you are bestowing an expensive cell phone upon someone prone to breaking electronics, this insurance plan can be a lifesaver.
4. Phone cases. After spending a pretty penny on that cell phone, you want to make sure your recipient has a way to protect it. Giving a nice cell phone case can go a long way to keep that new toy looking great over months of use and abuse. A benefit to spending a pretty penny on a good case is that some even come with battery packs. This means those phones without swappable batteries get the most benefit of having more go juice.
5. App Store gift cards. If this new cell phone has a marketplace attached to it, a gift card is a great way to allow the recipient to purchase their favorite games and apps at no cost to them. Many cell phones now come with marketplaces filled to the brim with great entertainment choices. Even a $25 gift card to the online stores can go a long way to enriching the value to that new toy.